Specialty classes that last 3-6 weeks – great for sampling something new! Pre-registration is required.
Please be advised that when signing up for a Workshop, students are financially committing themselves for the entirety of the workshop. Workshop fees are final, non-transferable and nonrefundable regardless of circumstances including, but not limited to illness, injury, expectation of class, travel and family emergency. Students may join a Workshop after the first class offering; however, unless specifically noted, the entire workshop fee will be charged, as Workshop fees are not prorated. In the event students are unable to make it to every class held during the workshop, no make-up classes or class substitutions will be offered and no special rates will apply. Only the person who signs up and pays for the Workshop can attend. Unless specifically indicated, Miami City Ballet School (MCBS) does not offer an opportunity to “trial” a Workshop on the first day in order to determine whether the Workshop is for a student or not. All Workshop fees are due in advance of the first class and no “drop ins” will be allowed during the Workshop.
The first class of a Workshop will take place regardless of the number of students registered and will determine whether a minimum enrollment has been reached to continue the Workshop. In the event that minimum enrollment for a Workshop is not reached, the Workshop will be cancelled and registered students will only be charged the per class workshop rate for the first class and be given a refund of the remaining Workshop fee paid.
Workshop dates, times, instructors, and other details are subject to change. Modifications to Workshops do not guarantee a refund or account credit as long as the modified Workshop offering is of equal or greater value.
It is strongly recommended for students to consider these terms prior to registering. MCBS is able to offer Workshops as a special, limited-time offering by solely gathering funds from each student in advance. MCBS hopes you understand that in order to offer you new and exciting programs, these terms and conditions will apply to everyone.
- Only students taking a Drop-In Class or Workshop may enter the hallway and studio. No friends, family or children of a student may watch class from within the studio or hallway. All guests need to stay in the lobby area or may view class from the windows on 22nd Street (if applicable).
- No video recording or photography is allowed during class. Photos may be taken with the instructor or friends after class.
- Proper attire is required. Examples of proper attire can be read on the FAQ tab. Students who do not wear proper dance attire may be asked to leave.
- Students’ safety is our top priority and those who arrive late risk getting injured due to lack of proper warm-up. Therefore, students who arrive more than 15 minutes late will not be allowed to take class. Students who have signed up and paid online prior to arriving late will receive a class credit for a future class. If a student arrives more than 15 minutes late for a Workshop they will be allowed to watch.
- If a student is a disturbance to class, they may be requested to leave at the sole discretion of the instructor or other MCBS staff. Refunds are not guaranteed.
- No gum, food, or drink other than water is allowed inside the studio.
I want to sign up for a class. What do I do?
Browse our selection of Drop-In Classes and Workshops. When you find one you like, click ‘Register Now’ and you will be prompted to log in, or if you’re new – you will have to create an account. Once you’re in, confirm your scheduled class, make a payment, and you’re all set! Simply check in at the School office in the lobby upon arriving to MCBS.
What do I wear?
For most classes, fitted workout clothes are just fine for Men and Women if you don’t already own dancewear (like leotard and tights). Long hair should be pulled back and secured to head. Ballet students should wear ballet slippers or jazz shoes, but first-time students may wear socks. Dance clothing and footwear can be purchased at Dancing Supplies Depot or online at Discount Dance Supply.
Where are the classes?
All classes are held at Miami City Ballet studios at 2200 Liberty Avenue in Miami Beach, across from the Bass Museum.
What do I have to do when I get there?
Please show up at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled class at the School office in the lobby. Students who pre-registered online can check in, or you can sign up and pay in person. Changing rooms are available.
Do I have to pre-register online for a drop-in class or can I just show up and pay?
If you prefer, you can register and pay for a Drop-In Class or Workshop in the School office in the lobby. You must arrive at least 15 minutes in advance to do so. But to save time, we do recommend that you sign up for a class online prior to arriving.
I signed up for a workshop, but I have to miss a class. Can I make it up?
Unfortunately, there are no make-ups offered for workshops. Students pay for the entire workshop in advance and all fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
How long is my class package (10 or 25 classes) good for?
10-class sessions are valid for 3 months after the first date of use. 25-class sessions are valid for 6 months after the first date of use. Any classes unused after the expiration date will be forfeited. Sorry, no exceptions.
What if I’m late?
Students’ safety is our top priority and those who arrive late risk getting injured due to lack of proper warm-up. Therefore, students who arrive more than 15 minutes late will not be allowed to take class. Students who have pre-registered and paid online prior to arriving late will receive a class credit for a future class. If a student arrives more than 15 minutes late for a Workshop they will be allowed to watch.
Can my family, friend or child watch me take class?
Only students taking a Drop-In Class or Workshop may enter the hallway and studio. No friends, family or children of a student may watch class from within the studio or hallway. All guests need to stay in the lobby area or may view class from the windows on 22nd Street.
Where do I park?
Metered parking and garages are available throughout the neighborhood (between 17th & 23rd Streets, Collins Ave. & Dade Blvd). Due to construction in the area, parking can be difficult at certain times so we recommend that you give yourself plenty of time to find parking and arrive on time. Weekdays – early morning and afternoons, and weekends mid-day are typically the hardest. Please plan accordingly!
- Metered street parking all around MCB building, Library, and Collins Park
- Metered parking lots next to MCB building, Library, Bass Museum, and the W Hotel across Collins Ave.
- Residential street parking is available for free on Monday-Friday, 7am-6pm (NO weekends or holidays or after 6pm!) all around the neighborhood – be sure to check the street signs to determine what is residential and what is public!
- Parking garages (pay to park) as a last resort: Pennsylvania Avenue Garage (1661 Pennsylvania Avenue); City Hall Garage (1755 Meridian Avenue); 17th Street Garage (640 17th Street — main entrance is on 17th Street across from Convention Center Drive).
Can I video record or take photos during class?
No video recording or photography is allowed during class. Photos may be taken with the instructor or friends after class.
Can I bring a drink or snack into the studio?
No gum, food, or drink other than water is allowed inside the studio.
If a student is a disturbance in class, they may be requested to leave at the sole discretion of the instructor or other MCBS staff. Refunds are not guaranteed.