Box Office Customer Service Representative
Reporting to the Box Office Supervisor, the Customer Service Representative (CSR) is the first point of contact with the marketplace. The CSR provides information to callers via telephone, email, and web-based chat technology to generate ticket sales and subscriptions. The CSRs assume ticket order responsibility and processing of payments during performances and throughout the workweek.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take and fill ticket orders for individual ticket purchases over the telephone and at the box office window; establish rapport and credibility with a wide variety of customer types.
- Explain seating, prices, fees, and sections of multiple venues, as well as parking options and directions to each.
- Assist patrons/subscribers with ticket exchanges.
- Understand and have knowledge of various subscription packages to explain options and fill orders for interested patrons.
- Answer specific questions from patrons about story lines of each ballet, composers, dancers, and general questions about Miami City Ballet.
- Process all transactions through Tessitura.
- Maintain accurate customer data in Tessitura.
- Provide daily payment settlements to immediate management; ensure final report balances credit cards, cash, and check transactions.
- Package tickets for mailing (sealed and stamped with appropriate postage), or Will Call (alphabetically file each ticket order within appropriate date and performance time).
- Provide clerk duties at the MCB Store, both on-location and at various performance venues.
- Assist Box Office Manager and staff with administrative tasks.
- Proven experience working in a customer service and/or sales environment.
- Excellent communication skills, utilizing various technologies.
- Ability to provide information clearly and concisely; adapts message and style to that of the customer.
- Ability to use database software; maintain accurate electronic records.
- Experience using Tessitura, or other similar database ticketing systems.
- Ability to collaborate effectively to achieve common goals.
- Proven ability to work independently; strong self-motivation and effective time management skills.
- Communicate effectively: speak, listen, and write clearly.
- Proficiency in using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for the Ballet’s mission.
Email a resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies or phone calls, please.
Miami City Ballet seeks to develop and nurture its diversity. Miami City Ballet is committed to maintaining an inclusive community that recognizes and values the inherent worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, sensitivity, understanding, and mutual respect. Miami City Ballet is an EEO employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.