Student Housing Intern
We are looking for an energetic, self-motivated graduate student to take on the role of Student Housing Intern at the Miami City Ballet School. Reporting directly to the Student Life and Housing Manager, this is an internship position at the MCB School dormitories.
- Will be on duty every Sunday, 9am-6pm
- (accommodation can be made if more hours are needed for academic credit)
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of all students residing at the dormitories.
- Monitor students checking out and checking back in to the dormitories
- Check on students who are ill, monitor that students are following medical advice and use best judgement to determine whether students will need further medical assistance.
- Must be available on-call to assist in a student emergency.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Experience supervising youth in an academic setting, preferably high school-aged students.
- Strong interest and commitment in areas of Student Affairs and Residential Housing
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
- Cultural sensitivity and an ability to build relationships with a diverse student body in a multicultural setting.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Team player who excels at building trusting relationships with students, parents and co-workers.
- Takes initiative with minimal supervision and contributes to the team with innovative ideas.
- Priority will be given to candidates with previous chaperone or resident advisor
- Must be fluent in English and preference will be given to bilingual candidates (Spanish or Portuguese)
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No agencies or phone calls, please.
Miami City Ballet is an equal-opportunity employer.