Student Housing Assistant – PT
Job Title: Student Housing Assistant – PT
We are looking for a dynamic professional to take on the role of Student Housing Assistant – PT at the Miami City Ballet School. Reporting directly to the Student Life and Housing Manager, this is a paid position at the MCB School dormitories. Responsibilities include:
- Will be on duty every Friday (6p.m.- 11p.m.), and every Saturday, (12p.m.-midnight with dinner break)
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of all students residing at the dormitories.
- Monitor students checking out and checking back in to the dormitories
- Check on students who are ill, monitor that students are following medical advice and use best judgement to determine whether students will need further medical assistance in with Student Life and Housing Manager.
- Experience supervising youth, preferably high school-aged students.
- Strong interest and commitment in areas of Student Affairs and Residential Housing
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
- Cultural sensitivity and an ability to build relationships with a diverse student body in a multicultural setting.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Team player who excels at building trusting relationships with students and co-workers.
- Priority will be given to candidates with previous chaperone or resident advisor experience.
- Must be fluent in English and preference will be given to bilingual candidates (Spanish or Portuguese)
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Miami City Ballet seeks to develop and nurture its diversity. Miami City Ballet is committed to maintaining an inclusive community that recognizes and values the inherent worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, sensitivity, understanding, and mutual respect. Miami City Ballet is an EEO employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply