Student Housing Assistant
We are looking for a dynamic professional to take on the role of Student Housing Assistant at the Miami City Ballet School. Reporting directly to the Student Life and Housing Manager, this is a paid position at the MCB School dormitories.
- Will be on duty once a week, every Sunday, 10am-11pm (with lunch and dinner break)
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of all students residing at the dormitories.
- Monitor students checking out and checking back in to the dormitories
- Check on students who are ill, monitor that students are following medical advice and use best judgement to determine whether students will need further medical assistance.
- Must be available on-call to assist in a student emergency.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Experience supervising youth in an academic setting, preferably high school-aged students.
- Strong interest and commitment in areas of Student Affairs and Residential Housing
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
- Cultural sensitivity and an ability to build relationships with a diverse student body in a multicultural setting.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Team player who excels at building trusting relationships with students, parents and co-workers.
- Takes initiative with minimal supervision and contributes to the team with innovative ideas.
- Priority will be given to candidates with previous chaperone or resident advisor experience.
- Must be fluent in English and preference will be given to bilingual candidates (Spanish or Portuguese)
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Stella Ford, School Programs and International Relations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies or phone calls, please. Miami City Ballet is an equal-opportunity employer.
Miami City Ballet is an equal-opportunity employer.