Director of Customer Relations and Ticketing
Job Title: Director of Customer Relations and Ticketing
Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
The Director, Customer Relations & Ticketing leads all ticket sales operations and customer relations functions of the Miami City Ballet to achieve earned revenue and customer satisfaction goals. This position brings the company brand strategy to life through effective leadership of customer relations and in-bound/out-bound sales oversight. This individual is highly analytical, strategic, and precise, balanced with excellent training and mentorship ability.
Ticket Sales Strategy & Revenue Management
- Work closely with other MCB functions to develop new sales channels and customers, and maintain consistent customer interaction, messaging and brand identity.
- Ensure/oversee quality of season set-up, renewals, and venue builds.
- Work closely with Marketing team to support sales through all touch points and increasing web sales
- Produce and maintain settlement for all performances; oversee and ensure the integrity of all sales reports.
- Oversee Group Sales fulfillment to achieve revenue goals and objectives.
- Work with staff to create effective up-selling processes for ticket and retail sales.
- Evaluate progress based on loyalty and satisfaction metrics (renewal and reactivation rates for subscriptions, new to file retention and multi-buyer rates for tickets, and net promoter scores).
- Work with CMO to optimize revenue and inventory management; manage pricing strategy, and develop revenue projections and forecasting for all productions.
- Work closely with Database Manager in the development and maintenance of reporting tools, analytics and processes as necessary for all key sales and operational indexes.
- Handle cash flow projections by season and by month and maintain a tracker of actuals to projections.
- Work with external Telemarketing Manager to manage outbound campaigns
Customer Relations & Satisfaction
- Set strategic goals for customer relations (including customer satisfaction and service) and implement plans to achieve those goals.
- Oversee and execute with team all customer engagement goals.
- Oversee the development and implementation of customer service policies and procedures.
- Ensure that high quality service is delivered, and that all customer inquiries and concerns are handled effectively and within established customer satisfaction policies.
- Regularly track and analyze customer inquiries and concerns to determine weaknesses and develop solutions to optimize operating environment.
- With Company Manager, act as liaison between the Ballet and the venue with regards to customer service and in-venue needs. Communicate any service issues to the Front of House Manager.
Leadership & Collaboration
- Work effectively with presenting venues to develop a strong partnership to meet revenue and budget goals, provide consistent and quality service, and maintain good employee relations.
- Develop and maintain an effective department through proper selection, training, assignment, and performance management of personnel.
- Liaise with box office managers at MCB’s presenting venues to ensure consistency and quality of service.
- In-depth knowledge of ticketing applications, preferably Tessitura.
- Minimum 7 years progressive management experience with strong experience in event ticketing, subscription-based customer service in medium to large venue or event management (cultural performing arts, college, sports, entertainment, etc.) environment.
- Solid track record in implementing and improving customer relations and sales areas of business (including single event ticketing and subscription), preferably with subscription-model base.
- Experience developing and implementing quality assurance programs and measurements.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking.
- Solid leadership and management skills with demonstrated ability to hire, train, develop, and motivate full time staff. This includes effective delegation and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Able to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays when required.
- BA/BS degree or any equivalent combination of training and progressive experience.
This is a full-time position at the Miami City Ballet offices in Miami Beach, FL.
Miami City Ballet is an equal-opportunity employer.
The search for this role is being conducted on behalf of Miami City Ballet by arts consultant and recruiter Tom O’Connor. To apply, please email your cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com (note: .co) with “Miami City Ballet” in the subject line. No phone calls or agencies, please.