Summer Resident Assistant/Summer Intensive (RA)/5-Week Summer Intensive Program
Position: Summer Resident Assistant/Summer Intensive (RA)/5-Week Summer Intensive Program
Weekly Pay: $700.00 stipend, plus rooming accommodations
Schedule: June 22 – July 29, 2023
We are looking for a dynamic, experienced, energetic, and mature professional to provide programs and
services to support students aged 14-18 at the Miami City Ballet School. Reporting directly to the Housing
Manager, this is a paid seasonal temporary position with the MCB School apartment style housing at The
Tradewinds 2365 Pine Tree Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139.
The RA will assist the Manager with implementing processes and procedures that ensure a healthy, safe,
and thriving environment. The RA position is a live-in, five-week professional staff position integral to the
success of the department and school.
The RA assists with the supervision of students as well as the development and implementation of
educational programming with Tradewinds Apartments and MCBS facility. The RA is allowed two days off
each week, which is always on a weekday. Time off schedule will be assigned prior to the start of the
program. This is a live-in position with on-call requirements that are necessary to maintain the integrity of
the residential living program.
Miami City Ballet seeks to develop and nurture its diversity. Miami City Ballet is committed to maintaining
an inclusive community that recognizes and values the inherent worth and dignity of every person;
fosters tolerance, sensitivity, understanding, and mutual respect. Miami City Ballet is an EEO employer
fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals
with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate daily with the Student Housing Manager regarding student absences, illnesses, medical issues, medical appointments, behavioral problems, and other pertinent information.
- Communicate frequently with the Tradewinds property managers and staff regarding maintenance issues or other Tradewinds property concerns.
- Ensuring housing policies and procedures are always followed.
- Ensure that students follow schedule and maintain punctuality.
- Manage dorm check in- check out.
- Accompany ill or injured students to Urgent Care or medical appointments. • Maintain contact and medical information for each student.
- Rotation support at the Miami City Ballet School.
- Plan, organize, and lead weekly activities for assigned residents.
- Actively and enthusiastically participate in activities and community meetings.
- Facilitate and encourage participation in all activities.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Priority will be given to candidates with previous resident advisor/director or chaperone experience.
- Priority will be given to candidates who have professional educational (K-12 system) and/or professional mental health experience
- Nurturing demeanor with the ability to exercise authority and discipline when necessary.
- Experience supervising youth, preferably high school-aged students.
- Strong Interest and commitment in areas of Student Affairs and Residential Housing.
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
- Familiarity with social-emotional learning and community building
- Cultural sensitivity and an ability to build relationships and support a diverse student body
- Team player who excels at building trusting relationships with students and co-workers.
We offer competitive weekly compensation, plus housing at The Tradewinds Apartments
Email your application to email@example.com with the title of the role, you are applying for
in the subject line. No agencies or phone calls, please.
Cover letter briefly outlining your experience in relation to the qualifications and selection criteria above
(3) Reference letters
*Must Pass Level 2 Background Check*