School Summer Chaperone
We are looking for college students or young professionals, age 21 or older, to work as chaperones at the 2018 MCB Summer Intensive. A background in dance or other arts is desirable but not required. Previous experience as a chaperone with students ages 12- 19 is preferable. We are also looking for at least one chaperone with a nursing background and at least chaperone who is fluent in Spanish and/or Portuguese.
Work Dates: Saturday, June 23 through Saturday, July 28.
Reports to: School Programs and International Relations Manager
- Collaborate with fellow chaperones to supervise MCB Summer Intensive students for the duration of the program at the dormitories, throughout the day at the studios, and during scheduled excursions and outings.
- Ensure that students follow schedules and maintain punctuality.
- Assist with lunch distribution and lunch room monitoring.
- Manage dorm check-in and check-out.
- Report misconduct, illness and absences to School Programs Manager.
- Accompany ill or injured students to Urgent Care.
- Maintain contact and medical information for each student.
- Enforce safety at all times and implement all Miami City Ballet School policies and procedures.
- Work creatively to provide a positive and entertaining experience for students.
Weekly compensation, plus housing at University of Miami and all meals.
Please send cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Miami City Ballet is an equal-opportunity employer.