Associate Director of Individual Giving
The Associate Director of Individual Giving will report to the Director of Development and will be responsible for managing the Friends and MCB School annual giving programs with an eye towards growth and increased retention. The Associate Director of Individual Giving will be collaborative and results-orientated while partnering with staff in Development, Marketing, School and Community Engagement. The Associate Director of Individual Giving will also serve as an ambassador for MCB donors and prospects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with Director of Development to create annual giving campaigns that ensure a diverse base of supporters for the Company, Community Engagement and School.
- Designs and executes all direct response campaigns, including messaging, channel selection (e.g. mail, email, Give Miami Day, website, social media and text-to-give), segmentation, retention and upgrade strategies and coordination with the marketing department, ensuring that all strategies comply with accepted best practices.
- Manages a portfolio of at least 50 donors who have the capacity to give $1,200 or more, developing and executing strategies to bring them to higher levels of engagement.
- In partnership with the Donor Relations Coordinator, provides donors with personalized updates, concierge ticketing service, and strategic stewardship to increase their philanthropic support.
- Manages the individual giving cultivation, donor relations and solicitation calendar, and coordinating calendars with Marketing, the MCB School, and other departments.
- Manages the process for monthly donor renewals and collaborates with relationship managers, where appropriate.
- Creates and executes upgrade strategies for Friends and Artist’s Circle members, with a special focus on Palm Beach and Broward.
- Works with Director of Development to market planned giving opportunities to grow the Apollo Society.
- Works with Director of Development to reimagine and relaunch a young professional donor group.
- Serves as a liaison between marketing and development for subscription renewals, email schedules, website updates and more.
- Oversees and ensures the department capitalizes on the use of fundraising platforms, such as Classy and Double the Donation.
- Works with Associate Director of Development Services to oversee tracking and reporting of all relevant data analysis, including but not limited to: retention rates, upgrade rates, direct response metrics and donor segmentation.
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in annual giving, sales or marketing.
- Proven ability to develop and implement successful strategies that achieve revenue goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively cultivate relationships with prospects, donors, volunteers and community stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences and individuals.
- Proven ability to write clearly and succinctly, and in a way that appeals to the targeted audience.
- Proficiency with various software programs including MS Office Suite and Tessitura (or CRM equivalent).
- Proven ability to organize, plan and prioritize workload involving multiple projects at one time.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends, as needed, to staff special events and interact with donors at performances.
- Confidence to prospect or cold-call potential new donors; ability to build relationships with donors that results in a philanthropic, rather than transactional, mindset.
- Capable of maintaining sensitive, confidential information.
Apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Miami City Ballet seeks to develop and nurture its diversity. Miami City Ballet is committed to maintaining an inclusive community that recognizes and values the inherent worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, sensitivity, understanding, and mutual respect. Miami City Ballet is an EEO employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current employees, as well as all newly hired employees.
Miami City Ballet will consider reasonable accommodations for any employee who needs an exemption to this vaccination requirement based on disability, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance, in accordance with applicable law.