Marketing Coordinator, Creative Services
Reports to: Director of Marketing
- Full time, exempt
- Usual work hours are 9 – 5.30pm
- Currently working from home; return to the office date TBC
- Office location: Miami City Ballet, 2200 Liberty Ave Miami Beach
ABOUT MIAMI CITY BALLET
Miami City Ballet promise: MCB is where artists and audiences leave the ordinary behind.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees who possess and believe in living out the following values to deliver on our promise. If you’re passionate about arts and the role it plays in elevating and enriching lives through the following values, we want you on our team.
- PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE – Relentless dedication to getting better every day, onstage and off. We care deeply about the caliber of our work, and we won’t settle for less.
- ELEVATION – We create work that stretches perspectives and raises spirits.
- ACCOUNTABILITY – We trust every person to pursue our common mission with integrity, inclusivity, empathy, and diligence.
- COLLABORATION – We are part of the communities we serve. We value each person’s contribution and collectively solve problems because our greatest achievements come when we band together.
- AUTHENTICALLY MIAMI – We are energetic, diverse, dynamic, and welcoming… Hot!
- JOYFUL GENEROSITY – When we share our work, we share our hearts. The care we take to engage our audiences demonstrates our love and appreciation for them.
The Marketing Coordinator, Creative Services is the liaison between the internal and external stakeholders at Miami City Ballet for design and creative projects that are the basis for the marketing campaigns that promote MCB performances and events, school programs and development initiatives.
Under the guidance of the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Coordinator, Creative Services coordinates projects from conception to completion, including design projects, print collateral, mail outs, and content pieces. Responsibilities include interpreting briefs, managing timelines, liaising with external mailing houses, printers and theaters, traffic management, routing projects for approvals and other related duties.
Great interpersonal skills and a positive attitude are essential as the role works closely with numerous departments at Miami City Ballet including Customer Relations & Box Office, PR, Production, Artistic, Development, Special Events, MCB School, and our partner theaters.
This role requires a consistently high level of accuracy and meticulous attention to detail in daily work. An individual with excellent organization skills and energy will thrive in this multi-faceted role and fast-pace environment. The role requires an ability to respond to requests swiftly and with flexibility, while not losing sight of deadlines and priorities.
The ideal candidate will add to the fabric of this close-knit team, eager to assist colleagues whenever help is needed and enjoy collaborating on a multitude of projects. We’re looking for a problem-solving, multi-tasking star to traffic creative jobs from development and approvals process to completion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaise with internal client teams and/or external designers/agency to gain an understanding of the internal clients’ needs.
- Set up briefing meetings, build and communicate timelines. Maintain detailed records of projects, segmentation and strategies.
- Coordinate the production of collateral, including but not limited to: brochures, rack cards, print ads, venue signage, outdoor advertising, videos, social media content, static and dynamic digital display ads, event collateral, invitations, merchandise and more.
- Work closely with the MCB in-house Graphic Designer to set priorities, ensure tasks are completed on time and efficiently as well as maintaining brand guidelines and quality control.
- Ensure adherence to brand guidelines, proof read and review all campaign assets for quality control and consistency.
- Take ownership of the circulation process, collate changes and ensure approvals from internal teams. Work with Development department to ensure correct donor and funder acknowledgments are included.
- Work with Director of Marketing to source quotes and ensure effective budget spend.
- Coordinate the print process and complex mailing projects as part of MCB’s subscriptions and singe ticket marketing campaigns, working with internal team members, external printers and mailing houses.
- Work closely with Director of Marketing, digital agency and media planner on the planned advertising schedule, ensure print and digital marketing assets for media plan are delivered on time.
- Work with PR Manager to ensure online listings are up to date.
- Oversee front of house displays and signage at our partner theaters
Content and Publications
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop and coordinate production of engaging content for MCB’s owned channels, from ideation to execution.
- Schedule interviews with necessary dancers/visiting artists/faculty/staff.
- Source/research necessary assets needed, e.g. images, music tracks, archival footage.
- Project manage the creation of MCB digital program books
- Proof read program books and review designs for quality control.
- Manage trafficking and sign-off from internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate design and production of performance casting sheets and in-house program sheets.
Photography and Video
- Coordinate the management of the MCB photo and video library, including photo credit documentation.
- Coordinate photo approval process from artistic staff and dancers.
- Distribute approved photo and video assets internally in a timely manner.
- Coordinate company photographer assignments.
- Work closely with the Director of Marketing on the coordination of photo shoots.
Department and relationships
- Play a key role in the Marketing and Customer Relations team, contributing to marketing planning and the collaborative working style of the team.
- Undertake marketing related tasks/support and ensure effective liaison and collaboration with MCB departments at all levels, including for Development, Box Office, School, HR, Artistic.
- Maintain and update the organization of internal asset management files and keep the filing archives accurate and up to date at all times
- Keep up to date with industry trends, innovation and benchmarks as they relate to arts marketing.
- Adhere to Company brand and tone of voice guidelines as outlined in various marketing strategies for all communications.
- Be an active participant in agreed cross-departmental teams.
- Coordinate and process invoices and track expenditure in MCB marketing budgets.
- Work closely with the marketing team to deliver research projects as required.
- The post holder shall also be required to carry out other reasonable duties as required.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ professional marketing experience; some experience in an agency setting or working with creative/media agencies is desired.
- Proven skills, knowledge of and experience in the execution of marketing campaigns.
- Knowledge of graphic design process, briefing process, pre-press requirements for print and mailing process.
- Ability to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders, excellent time management skills, and demonstrated ability to work independently.
- High level attention to detail, excellent copy writing, grammar and proof-reading skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to deal with a wide variety of stakeholders internally and externally.
- Experience in handling agency and supplier relationships
- Excellent PC IT skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and project management software (e.g. Asana) and an ability to learn new programs if required.
- An interest in performing arts/entertainment/cultural/creative industries
- Post-secondary education (diploma, certificate) in marketing, communications, media or related field
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Photoshop, Premiere)
This job description describes the broad scope of the role and is not an exhaustive list. It may also change from time to time with due consultation to meet the changing needs of the business.
To apply, please email:
- Cover letter briefly outlining your experience specifically in relation to the essential qualifications listed above. Applications will not be considered if they do not address the essential qualifications.
- Two examples of creative projects you have worked on, describing your role in each. (links or attachments are fine – not large files please)
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies or phone calls, please.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current employees, as well as all newly hired employees. Miami City Ballet will consider reasonable accommodations for any employee who needs an exemption to this vaccination requirement based on disability, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance, in accordance with applicable law.