Marketing Communications Assistant
Job Title: Marketing Communications Assistant
Reports to: CMO
Dotted line: PR Manager
Reporting to the CMO, the Marketing Assistant supports the marketing department by carrying out the daily operational tasks. This position facilitates the duties as part of the marketing communications department and assists the CMO in administrative tasks and supports the PR Manager in coordination of PR/Communications-related duties to contribute to the positive outcomes for marketing, sales, communication of the organization. The successful candidate will have strong initiative, communications and follow-up skills. He/she will be a problem solver, a relationship builder and have a strong work ethic. Strong organization, time management, strong communication and coordination skills are critical for this role. Available to work on weekend evenings and afternoons on performance days in the season is required.
Roles & Responsibility
- Public Relations
- Coordinate press interviews and opportunities
- Photo distribution
- Coordinate press tickets
- Serve as liaison between the PR Agency of record and the organization, including general PR support
- Maintain press clippings (electronically and physical clips)
- Submit calendar listings
- Updates press kits
- Accompany press/photographers at performances or interview opportunities
- Write and distribute weekly internal update email
- Coordinate marketing materials for display at performances, in building lobby, etc.
- Invoice processing
- Manage departmental finance spreadsheet
- CMO support
- Scheduling and coordination for department affairs
- Handle all CMO calendar scheduling and general assistance
- Process monthly credit card reconciliation
Qualifications and attributes:
- Meticulously strong organization skills and ability to coordinate projects and timeline with accuracy, efficiency and orientation towards the details.
- Strong, effective communication skills: oral and written along with rock solid follow-up skills
- Proven ability to set and understand priorities, develop schedules and monitor progress toward goals.
- Strong time management skills and stellar organization skills
- Previous successful experience as marketing assistant, coordinator, account executive, project management or equivalent.
- Good understanding of basic marketing, sales and communication concepts.
- Solid interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability work in a high performance, collaborative team. A true team player
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Proficient use of technology as communication, management reporting and systems tools.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office with particular emphasis on Excel and Word.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, commitment, and passion for the Ballet’s mission.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Miami City Ballet seeks to develop and nurture its diversity. Miami City Ballet is committed to maintaining an inclusive community that recognizes and values the inherent worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, sensitivity, understanding, and mutual respect. Miami City Ballet is an EEO employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply