GROUP SALES MARKETING MANAGER
The Group Sales Marketing Manager is a key revenue-generating position within Miami City Ballet’s Marketing Department.
The primary objective is to grow attendance and revenue by soliciting new business, while retaining existing relationships, and managing group sales outreach.
This position will grow and cultivate group subscription sales for the season as well as single tickets centered on The Nutcracker, full lengths and mixed bills that include broadly appealing ballets. As a secondary objective, this position cultivates group sales audience for education and outreach events and will be primary liaison for group sales patrons and coordinate all aspects of their visit (reservation, ticketing payment, extras) with appropriate staff. This position is considered full-time, exempt and is eligible for benefits.
This position requires travel between three markets: West Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. During subscription season, this role works out of the West Palm Beach office at least 2 days out of the week and in the holiday season works in the Miami office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop annual strategic marketing plan to grow group sales, including specific plans to renew, reactivate, and acquire groups.
- Develop annual, data-driven projections in collaboration with the CMO, Director of Customer Relations. Initial expectations are for 25% growth over a two-year period (CMB groups to be 6 and 10% of attendance and revenue pending product line).
- Create and manage associated marketing expense budgets and plans for each group type. Collaborate with Design and Marketing to develop promotional materials, including website presence, direct mail, e-mail, brochures, and targeted advertising as warranted.
- Develop and execute a new lead prospecting plan. This includes, but is not limited to:
- The acquisition and/or development of viable lead lists
- Attending local and national group-tour related events, conventions, and conferences to build relationships that result in future sales
- Work with Development and Community Engagement Director in Palm Beach, CMO and Customer Relations Director to maintain robust group database of current and identify and grow prospective groups. Also work with the Customer Relations dept. to ensure prompt and efficient ticketing and billing.
- Collaborate with the Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau, Cultural Council of Pam Beach Country AND Broward Tourist Development Council, Event Planners, Meeting Planner groups, SYTA, ABA, NTA, and other national and international group marketing organizations.
- Develop, design, and generate weekly sales reports in SalesForce that track and measure visits and revenue against budgeted goals and key performance indicators, including:
- # of groups for each production
- Tickets and Revenue for New segment by Sub and Single Tickets
- Tickets and Revenue for retention segments by Sub and Single Tickets
- Renewal and reactivation rates
- Response rates for direct response activities
- Competitive benchmarking against the industry field (ballet and performing arts organizations locally and nationally) and Miami DMA/Palm Beach DMA area cultural attractions; determine share of the local group market that is visiting the Ballet
- Solicit input of tour operators and industry professionals to develop or refine programs and maximize sales. Investigate possibility of, implement, and promote FIT voucher system.
- Serve as departmental advocate and steward of group sales initiatives; evaluate standards, discounts, and benefits. Respond to inquiries and serve as key Ballet contact/liaison with other departments for all group buyers including all Corporate sponsor groups. Coordinate/upsell add-on programs. Meet groups/group leaders at the performances when appropriate.
- Investigate and build strategic partnerships and programs that boost sales and awareness of Miami City Ballet with group tour-oriented organizations and attractions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an emphasis on sales and customer service
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience and a proven track record in sales and marketing
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and creative
- Solid computer skills with ability to use Microsoft Office and to learn the basics of the Tessitura database or comparable CRM platform
- Bachelor’s degree
- Some travel and weekends and evenings required
To apply, Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Miami City Ballet seeks to develop and nurture its diversity. Miami City Ballet is committed to maintaining an inclusive community that recognizes and values the inherent worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, sensitivity, understanding, and mutual respect. Miami City Ballet is an EEO employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.