Director of Corporate Giving
Job Title: Director of Corporate Giving
Director of Corporate Giving
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Director of Corporate Giving is responsible for the creation and management of a well-coordinated, strategic development plan to cultivate and solicit support from foundations, corporations and government sources. This position works to establish long-term partnerships, strengthen existing relationships and initiate new contacts within the corporate sector.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify corporate prospects and conduct research to determine interest and giving potential.
- Develop, manage and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies for corporate sponsorships, including proposals and negotiation of marketing agreements.
- Develop, manage and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies for corporate capital donations.
- Arrange, conduct and coordinate cultivation, stewardship and recognition activities such as on-site signage, recognition in publications and on-site visits for corporate sponsors and donors.
- Maintain accuracy of donor tracking systems and database for corporate constituents, while maintaining confidentiality of donor information.
- Develop and administer budgets for corporate programs.
- Work with Trustees, other volunteers and MCB staff to review and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Establish, cultivate and maintain relationships with corporate program officers and marketing executives.
- Arrange corporate meetings to secure sponsorships and grant funding and prepare appropriate briefing materials for executive leaders and Board members.
- Work directly with MCB marketing staff and other MCB departments to implement corporate sponsorship agreements.
- Develop new and manage the enhancement of existing corporate relationships and programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with demonstrated success in external relations, fundraising, corporate marketing or business development is ideal.
- Experience working with a cultural organization is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong analytical and research skills are essential.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative, strategic, organized, highly computer literate and able to work creatively within a group.
- Display knowledge of and interest in the corporate sponsorship and giving community.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
- Deep commitment towards diversity, inclusion and equity. Tessitura experience is preferred. An undergraduate degree in public relations, communications, marketing or similar disciplines is strongly preferred.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Miami City Ballet seeks to develop and nurture its diversity. Miami City Ballet is committed to maintaining an inclusive community that recognizes and values the inherent worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, sensitivity, understanding, and mutual respect. Miami City Ballet is an EEO employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.