Development & Outreach Liaison/Palm Beach
Do you enjoy and value the performing arts? Would you like to use that to cultivate and maintain donor and patron relationships for MCB in Palm Beach? Working with leadership in Miami, this person will identify, cultivate and solicit giving prospects. The Liaison must be able to communicate a compelling vision of the Ballet’s mission, programs and message to the philanthropic community.
Reporting to the Director of Development (based in Miami Beach), the Liaison (based at the Kravis Center in West Palm Beach) builds and maintains relationships for the organization by managing a select group of donors and patrons, assuring that as many as possible are retained and are upgraded in their giving and involvement.
This position identifies, cultivates and solicits giving prospects. The Liaison communicates a compelling vision of the organization’s mission, program, and message to gain enthusiasm and support from existing and prospective donors, and from the philanthropic community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement MCB’s strategy for major gifts and membership; collaborates with MCB staff and leadership.
- Develop the annual fundraising plan for the Palm Beach area, in cooperation with the Director of Development, to achieve resource development goals; determine annual development goals for individual giving, including major gifts.
- Identify new and innovative ways to develop donor programs. Work with the Executive Director and the Development Consultant to execute a fundraising plan for Palm Beach County, including stewarding existing donors and cultivating prospective donors, especially Artist’s Circle prospects.
Outreach and Membership:
- Cultivate relationships with communities, donors and media in order to reinforce and expand the Ballet’s presence in the Palm Beach area.
- Build and maintain extensive knowledge about Miami City Ballet and annual programs, initiatives, and activities in order to present a compelling vision of the Ballet to existing and prospective donors.
- Utilize support provided by the Miami office development team to increase new membership of targeted individuals and groups, and to retain existing membership.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director, Artistic Director and Ballet leadership in fundraising activities.
- Works with Group Sales Manager (Miami) to enhance and increase group sales in Palm Beach County.
- Collaborate with Development Events Director to coordinate fundraising special events and other cultivation and stewardship events.
- Maintain strong relationships with donors, nurturing and enhancing relationships to serve both the donor and the organization.
- Provide ongoing reports to MCB leadership on progress against plan.
- Track donations and gifts received in Tessitura.
- Maintain accountability to administrative systems and procedures.
- Participate in the effective leadership, planning and operations of Miami City Ballet.
- Exceptional ability to establish rapport and build relationships with people.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively cultivate relationships with prospects, members, volunteers and community stakeholders.
- Strong familiarity with Palm Beach and its surrounding areas; established relationships with local organizations and individuals.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience in a fundraising role that required outreach and relationship building.
- Proven ability to develop and implement successful strategies that achieve membership and revenue goals for an organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- In-depth knowledge of Miami City Ballet and its artistic programs.
- Ability to collaborate effectively to achieve common goals.
- Adaptable and able to relate to people at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to work independently; strong self-motivation and effective organization and time management skills.
- Results-oriented and willing to be accountable to measurable goals.
- Capable of maintaining sensitive, confidential information.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and portfolio to email@example.com
Subject line: Development & Outreach Liaison
Miami City Ballet is an equal opportunity employer.