Development & Outreach Manager — Palm Beach
Do you enjoy and value the performing arts? Would you like to use that to cultivate and maintain donor and patron relationships for MCB in Palm Beach? Working with leadership in Miami, this person will identify, cultivate and solicit giving prospects. The Manager must be able to communicate a compelling vision of the Ballet’s mission, programs and message to the philanthropic community.
The Development and Outreach Manager is a rewarding opportunity to make a major impact on the philanthropic future of MCB. Reporting directly to the Chief Development Officer in Miami, the Manager will build and maintain deep relationships for the organization with the objective of maximizing contributed revenue from individuals to advance MCB’s mission. The Manager is also a partner in helping to expand group sales within the region for MCB’s performances at the Kravis Center. As a compelling communicator, the Manager will create enthusiasm and engagement among donors, prospects and civic leaders for MCB. This position is based in Palm Beach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages a portfolio approximately 100 prospects and donors in all aspects of the gift cycle including identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding leadership ($100,000+), planned, and major gifts donors ($10,000+), as well as Artist’s Circle members ($3,000 to $10,000).
- Develops an individual giving annual plan for Palm Beach, in cooperation with the Chief Development Officer, to increase contributed revenue.
- Collaborates with the Executive Director, the Artistic Director and MCB staff and leadership in executing comprehensive individual giving strategies and tactics as articulated in the annual plan.
- Recommends communications strategies and tactics to build awareness of MCB among the philanthropic community in Palm Beach.
- Develops extensive knowledge of MCB and its programs, initiatives, and activities in order to present a compelling vision of the Ballet to prospects and donors.
- Serves as a visible ambassador for MCB representing it at key civic and community events.
- Works with Group Sales Manager (Miami) to enhance and increase group sales in Palm Beach County.
- Collaborates with Special Events Manager to coordinate fundraising special events and cultivation and stewardship events in Palm Beach.
Gift and Prospect Management:
- Develops plans in Tessitura (database) for all prospects and donors in portfolio.
- Uses plans to move prospects and donors through pipeline in a timely manner.
- Records contact reports in Tessitura.
- Tracks solicitations and anticipated gifts/pledges and provides projections to Chief Development Officer and Director of Finance.
- Provides ongoing reports to MCB leadership on progress against individual giving plan.
- Adheres to MCB’s policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- CFRE is a plus.
- Five to seven years staff experience in successful major gifs or annual giving fundraising, preferably in arts and culture.
- Confirmed interest in ballet or the performing arts.
- Exceptional ability to establish rapport and build relationships with individuals toward a charitable gift.
- Articulate, highly enthusiastic and passionate advocate for MCB.
- Familiarity with Palm Beach and its surrounding areas preferred; established relationships with local organizations and individuals.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills.
- Demonstrated achievement in managing and moving a pipeline of donors and prospects.
- Ability to work on multiple solicitations simultaneously.
- Excellent strategic skills.
- Knowledge of planned giving.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Familiarity with a nonprofit database such as Tessitura preferred.
- Results-oriented and willing to be accountable to measurable goals.
- Capable of maintaining sensitive, confidential information.
- Evening and weekend work required.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Development & Outreach Manager
Miami City Ballet is an equal opportunity employer.