Community Engagement Program Assistant (Children’s Chaperone)
Program Detail: September 8, 2022 – June 3, 2023 (except when public schools (MDCPS) are on holiday)
Hours: Part-time: Monday -Friday/1:00p.m. – 6:00p.m (25 hours per week)
Salary: $17.00 per hour
Miami City Ballet is looking for a program assistant to join the “Ballet Bus” program team. Miami City Ballet’s Ballet Bus is a Community Engagement program, which provides dance training to students in school communities within Miami-Dade County schools. The program assistant provides leadership, ensuring safety and direct supervision of children in the Ballet Bus Dance Education program and students of Miami City Ballet School.
Reports to: Community Engagement Programs Manager
Miami City Ballet seeks to develop and nurture its diversity. Miami City Ballet is committed to maintaining an inclusive community that recognizes and values the inherent worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, sensitivity, understanding, and mutual respect. Miami City Ballet is an EEO employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a safe and healthy environment, both physically and mentally, for students.
- Ensure all students are prepared: groomed, dance attire, bags and snack; support students who may need assistance.
- Establish a relationship of respect and dignity with all the children while honoring the needs of each child.
- Manage respect and adherence to bus, studio and school rules.
- Organize Ballet Bus tool kit at the start of each day.
- Execute accurate attendance procedure, program paperwork; safety and incident reporting protocols.
- Accountable for the safety and behavior expectations of students on the bus, in the lounges, locker rooms & hallways.
- Monitor and recognize positive behavior outcomes.
- Engage professionally and positively with all MCB staff, parents, children and program team.
- Adherence to timely responsiveness to communication written and verbal.
- Student adherence to Miami City Ballet’s COVID-19 safety protocols.
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Must be over 18 years of age.
- Candidate must pass background screening level 2.
- Experience in dance education, social work, youth and urban communities preferred.
- Able to work successfully with a team environment & independently.
- Models behavior, demeanor and best-in-class including being coachable, open to guidance and support.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills and emotional intelligence.
- Reliability, dependability and strong leadership skills.
- Must possess acceptable hearing and visual capabilities in order to monitor environment and children’s well-being.
- Proven success in communication and interpersonal skills especially with parents and children.
- May be required to sit, stand, or maintain physical activity for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Reliability, punctuality and commitment to the program schedule and needs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to effectively follow protocols of program safety, COVID-19 protocols and oversight of children.
- This is a part-time position at the Miami City Ballet offices in Miami Beach, FL.
- Must be able to commit and be reliable to the 9-month (September – June) schedule.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.