Click here for information on dancer auditions , or visit The Company section of the site.
Miami City Ballet has openings for the following positions:
Reports to: Director of Development
Miami City Ballet’s Development Coordinator provides administrative support to the Development Department. The Development Coordinator assists in advancing the Department’s goals and supports fundraising efforts from individual, corporate, foundation and government sources.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Provide administrative support to the Director of Development and Gifts Officers
• Track sponsorship opportunities and maintain list of sponsors
• Coordinate benefit fulfillment for donors and institutional funders
• Process contributions and enter information into Tessitura database
• Maintenance of department prospect/proposal records
• Process acknowledgement letters
• Assist with prospect research
• Serve as coordinator for MCB volunteers
• Maintenance of department purchase orders and check requests
• Correspondence including letters, solicitations, emails
• Department filing
• Maintenance of department calendar
• Assistance with special events
• Scheduling of appointments and meetings
• Processing of ticket requests
• Provides a central line of communication for Development staff
• Helps oversee special projects and mailings
• Create and write content for development collateral
• Coordinate the development sections of the program book
• Respond to general inquiries from ballet patrons
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college;
• Two years of experience in the nonprofit sector, preferably in fundraising
• Superior writing and verbal communications skills
• Strong administrative skills and computer literacy
• Excellent customer service skills
• Bilingual (English, Spanish) preferred
• Knowledge of database management; proficiency in Tessitura, a plus
• Familiarity with the South Florida funding community, a plus
• Exceptional organizational and planning skills, including the ability to juggle a variety of efforts concurrently
This is a full-time position at the Miami City Ballet offices in Miami Beach, FL.
Email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agencies or phone calls, please.
» Download PDF
Part-Time Boutique Manager
Department: Miami City Ballet School
Reports to: School Director
Miami City Ballet School is seeking a friendly, outgoing and self-directed individual to fulfill a part-time position in the School’s Open Adult Division and Boutique.
The ideal candidate …
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills
- Has previous sales or customer service experience
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Is computer proficient
- Has a passion for ballet and/or other forms of dance and fitness
- Is a self-starter and detail oriented
- Greeting, registering and checking–in students to Open Adult Division classes
- Processing payments and accounting for all collected money
- Informing students of current Open Adult Divsion promotions and answering questions via phone, email and in-person
- Managing customer database
- Maintaining a professional, organized and inviting Boutique area
- Selling Boutique merchandise and tickets to Miami City Ballet and Miami City Ballet School performances
- Providing customer service to MCB School parents and students
This is a part-time position at the Miami City Ballet offices in Miami Beach, FL. Compensation is an hourly rate of $12.
Proposed schedule of work hours:
Email resume to email@example.com with the words, “Part-Time Boutique Manager” in the subject line.
Department: Miami City Ballet School
Reports to: School Director
Miami City Ballet School is launching a Fellowship Program that offers teachers in the community the opportunity to learn our new ballet syllabus, train in the classroom, receive a certificate upon completion of the course, and receive a weekly stipend. Teachers will review Miami City Ballet School's Syllabus with the School Director and faculty, then join them in the classroom for hands-on work with the students.
Our new syllabus has been finely-tuned to train young dancers ages 7-12 to the best of their ability. Miami City Ballet School’s faculty has found it to be incredibly thorough, challenging and productive in its results. The School would like to provide other teachers with the opportunity to learn new insights, glean innovative approaches, and renew their love of teaching.
Those who complete the Fellowship Program will be considered for future employment at Miami City Ballet School. Applicants will be selected at the discretion of the School Director and Chairman of Faculty, Artistic Director Lourdes Lopez.
Applicants from a range of dance backgrounds -- from college dance majors to seasoned ballet teachers -- are encouraged to apply . The program runs from September 3, 2013 through May 30, 2014, with holiday breaks in conjunction with the school calendar. Each Fellowship Teacher will be assigned to one level of ballet classes a month. After completing a month at one level, the Fellowship Teachers will rotate levels so that each teacher will have the opportunity to work with students at every level in the program. Weekly attendance will be based on the number of required ballet classes for that level. Attendance days are negotiable.
Interested applicants should respond before August 25th by sending a cover letter and resume to Estefania Garcia at Estefania@miamicityballet.org with the subject “Fellowship Program”.
Customer Service Representatives
Department: Box Office
Reports to: Box Office Manager
Miami City Ballet is seeking customer-service oriented highly motivated individuals to fill several part-time in season positions in its Box Office.
The successful candidate will represent Miami City Ballet in a professional manner by providing excellent internal and external customer service. Must be computer literate, possess excellent customer service/interpersonal skills, detail oriented and organized. Customer service experience is required.
Position duties included answer incoming telephone calls and greet visitors. Process in-bound (phone, mail, fax, e-mail and walk-up) subscription and single ticket orders. Provide daily payment settlements to immediate supervisors. Provide ticket holder services to existing ticket holders (subscribers, group members, and single ticket purchasers) such as ticket exchanges and duplication of lost/stolen tickets. Maintain customer records both computerized and hard copy. Act as sales clerk in in-house or traveling merchandise boutique. Provide support assistance to receptionist.
This is an in season position with hours offered on an as needed basis for the months of October through May only. Nights/Weekends possible with limited travel in South Florida to provide customer service at performance venues. Compensation is an hourly rate of $10.
Applications for the customer service representatives are accepted in person only at 2200 Liberty Avenue, Miami Beach, FL, Monday through Friday from 10am to 5pm. If you prefer to submit a resume, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org . EOE